19 July 2011

WEDDING CARD
I had many requests for instructions on making this card, I decided to feature it for the tutorial today.


Recipe:
Extra Large Heart Punch
Dimensionals
Basic Black card
Whisper White card
Pretty in Pink card
Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Jewels - basic pearls
Paper Daisies
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions folder
Big Shot


Method:

  • Fold your card stock and remember we are making this card in landscape fashion
  • Run your card front through your favourite embossing folder – I’ve used Elegant Bouquet as I like the way it gives that direction down the card
  • Take the smallest paper daisy and adhere on the right hand side of the card front (I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue) and place a Jewel – Basic Pearl in the centre.
  • Now we’ll make our wedding couple:
  • With your Extra Large Heart Punch, punch out 2 hearts in white, 1 heart in black and 1 heart in pink
  • Take 1 white and 1 pink heart and adhere the pink heart so it shows just above the white heart, giving you a bodice effect. The take a strip of Basic Pearls and adhere down the centre of the embellishment you’ve just made. Put this piece to one side.
  • With your black heart, take your snips and cut a ‘V’ shape – see picture above. Now these 2 little flaps you have cut off form the lapels. Adhere them to the outside of the ‘V’ you have just cut. With hindsight I may have used a dimensional under the lapels to give a bit of depth. Adhere the white heart behind your black heart as in the picture of the card. Tie your ribbon in a ‘bow tie’ shape (I trimmed the ends quite close to the bow) and adhere (I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue). I found I needed a weight on it for a few minutes so it would stick properly (I used the punch as the weight). I placed a pearl on the lapel to represent a corsage.
  • Place dimensionals behind both embellishments and adhere to front of card where desired.

It was a surprisingly quick card to make. For the insert I chose a tent fold card in Publisher and typed in the sentiment on the correct page, printed it out, cut where needed and adhered to the inside of the card.



I found a few sites that had similar cards and some that had variations that were very effective. So, I will make some more samples and featured them at a later date.

I did find this video tutorial from Valita. She is so talented and has a different way of using the punches to gain a great looking card (much better than mine.) So, please take some time to view it and pop on over to her site and view all the inspiration she shares - click here.







Thank you for stopping by and don’t forget to return again next Tuesday for another tutorial.


Please visit Libby Stampz

No comments: