16 July 2013

'Creped' Paper Flowers Tutorial




Here is a sample card made by Marti, who also produced the above video tutorial...

Kitchen soup is made with all the leftovers and this card is just that. The flower came from a video that I created a few weeks ago and the mosaic background came when I was experimenting with “brayered” embossing folders. So there you have it – my Kitchen Soup Card!


Brayered Embossing & Really Good Greetings
You can see the video on how to make the flowers  HERE
To make the mosaic background, I used the Brayer to spread Coastal Cabana classic ink inside the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder on the positive side. Then I placed the Whisper White cardstock inside the folder and ran it through the  Big Shot. I expected to get a solid blue layer of ink in the depressed areas of the cardstock.
I was surprised that the ink was rather blotchy but the more I looked at this pattern, the more I liked it.  And then I saw that flowers from the video fit perfectly!

I added the greeting with a wonderful stamp set called “Really Good Greetings“. It has good bold greetings that are easy to use because they can be the focal point of the card. And the sayings are perfect!
Look at the Candy Dot in the Corner! These little dots are so fun to use – no brads required and they come in EVERY color. You definitely need to stock up on these.


No comments: