25 July 2013

Punched Strawberries




Over thirty years ago I made some little stuffed strawberry Christmas tree ornaments for my mom. After Christmas, she tied them in a bunch and hung them in her kitchen, thus beginning the strawberry collection in her kitchen that rivals my own collection of turtles.

When I saw this Doodlebug paper at the scrapbook store a couple of weeks ago, I just had to have it. Along side of it in the store was a cute little embellishment that I initially picked up, then put back on its hook thinking, "Hmph...I could make that." And I did.


I used a heart-shaped punch for the berry, and then I used my 1/2" corner rounder to soften the point at the bottom. A flower punch served as the leaves, and some white-puffy-paint became seeds.

I used these little berries as embellishments on cards - one for my mom and one for Grandma.

 http://paperturtle.blogspot.com/2012/01/strawberry-fields-forever.html

 

No comments: