13 July 2013

Flower Top Pens



"Tape It" Flower Pens Tutorial

And then I saw a video by Jenny. They are so easy. Check out her video HERE! I did do my flowers just a little different than Jenny did, but you can get the idea by watching her video.
I made up a bunch of these Flower Pens for some convention gifts. They are so much fun to make!



You can see them up close a little better in this photo.


I used RSVP pens. You can also use pencils. I'm thinking these would be nice teacher gifts.

So what do you think? I don't think anyone would walk away with your pen........

So what I did was cut my Whisper White card stock at 2 1/2" x 11", stamp 4 different Tape It stamps with 4 different color inks, all the way across. Then I went to the Container Store and bought these scissors. They were even on sale for $6.99 and saved me a ton of time.  Five cuts at once!
 So I cut all the way down the strip leaving about an inch. Added my Sticky Strip to the bottom and carefully wrapped it around the top of the pen. Then fluffed it with my bone folder. But then, it just didn't seem like the petals were long enough, so I cut a coordinating cardstock at 3 1/2" x 11" and this time I used the Big Doily stamp, (stamped several times on that strip with the same color ink as the paper), then cut like I did with the Whisper White strip, and wrapped it around the pen. Used my bone folder again to make the petals curved, then took some Washi Tape and put around the bottom of the paper. I had a bunch of extra Soda Pop Tops from the Spring Catalog left over, so I stamped the Doily and punched out 1/2" circle added it to the small Soda Pop Top and finished off with some Crystal Effects. Let it dry and hot glued to the center of my flower. 

                                   Tape It, #130715, $18.95

Here are my color combos:

Calypso Coral
Crisp Cantaloup
Island Indigo
Basic Grey

Coastal Cabana
Strawberry Slush
Pistachio Pudding
Crisp Cantaloup

Baked Brown Sugar
Bashful Bride
Strawberry Slush
Primrose Petals

Cindee Wilkinson's Blog 


"Tape It" Paper Flower Tutorial

Happy Saturday!
I am sharing with you today the last project using the Tape It stamp set (130715) for the Stampin' Success article.  These paper flowers are so pretty and you will be shocked how easy they are to create after you watch the below video I have done for you!
Here is the finished project...
<untitled> (427)
Here is a close up of one of the flowers...
<untitled> (428)
I used Very Vanilla cardstock (101650) and the ink colors I used are:
Summer Starfruit Classic Ink (126991)
Marina Mist Classic Ink (126962)
Wild Wasabi Classic Ink (126959)
Crumb Cake Classic Ink (126975)
The center of the flower has a circle punched out using the 1/2" Circle Punch (119869) and Crumb Cake cardstock (120953).  The flower is one of our In Color Dahia's (127556).  I stuck it to the flower with two Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) placed on top of each other.
Here is what the back of the flowers look like...
<untitled> (429)
I also strung a few Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555) on to Linen Thread (104199) which I also wrapped around the vase.
<untitled> (430)

by Jenny Peterson - Blog HERE






No comments: