06 February 2008

Two New Photos

28 October 2007

Here are two more photos I took last Sunday, for my digital photography workshop. The instructor liked both photos, but the first was the favorite.







These were the action shots for Week 5 of the class. Initially I was unsure that I'd be able to find an action shot. But, when I mentioned the word action, well, Casey went into action for me. He did all sort of tricks, but this is the one I liked best.

Then a little later, Grandpa was digging a couple of holes to plant some new plants. I noticed the action of the dirt falling from the shovel at the very end of his digging. I quickly snapped a few photos of the dirt falling. That worked out well.

Later that day, we took Casey to meet up with his Dad. After transferring his overnight bag and other goodies, Bill and I went into a grocery store to purchase a few necessities. When we walked out of the store, Bill told me to look. There were two hot air balloons just to our left. They'd lifted off about 10 minutes earlier. I looked both ways to cross the thoroughfare, and told Bill to look behind him. There was a hot air balloon that had just left the ground, and was like a giant hovering over us. I immediately thought that I need to hurry to the car to get my camera, when it hit me. When leaving home, I started to grab my camera, just in case there might be something of interest to take a picture of. Then left home without it. That taught me a lesson . . . NEVER leave home without it! You never know when you will see something, such as these three hot air balloons, that could be a snapshot of a lifetime. Now, my camera goes where I go.

No comments: