06 February 2008

White Balance

17 September 2007

More on my Digital Photography class


White Balance


The second lesson in the Digital Photography class was finally posted last evening. This week we need to take 3 photos of cloud formations at different times of the day. We then need to change the White Balance on our camera, and take photos of something white.

I was totally in the fog when I first read the lesson, but after I played with the camera I found that I'd actually learned more than I thought.

I knew that white is the combination of all colors of the spectrum, and that black is the absence of color. But I never really understood what all that meant until I read Lesson 2, where Jessica showed us examples of some of her photos, pointing out differences in each photo.

No comments: